Mark David brings an enormous amount of talent and experience to his cartooning talks and workshops and since moving to Queensland in 2010, is now available to visit schools and libraries.
Mark has -
- More than 20 years experience as a presenter of cartooning workshops
- Presented hundreds of workshops
- And inspired more than 12,000 people, from kindergarten age to adult
Mark's credits and experience as a professional cartoonist and book illustrator include -
- More than 10,000 published cartoons
- Internationally syndicated and published in multiple languages
- Published in more than 100 books, including books for children, teens and adults
- Author of 4 books
- Former staff cartoonist at The Sydney Morning Herald
- Winner of multiple awards in cartooning
- Former president of the Australian Black and White Artists Club (now renamed as the Australian Cartoonists' Association)
- Former political cartoonist for publications such as The Australian Financial Review, The Sun Herald, The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Appearances and interviews in print, on radio and television
Mark's presentations are lively, full of motivational fun and are spectacularly successful in getting even the least confident artists drawing including faces and expressions and animals. Older students (years 3 and above) are also given insights into the generation of ideas and the business side of cartooning, books and publishing. High School students can also be introduced to some of the intriguing legal issues involved in the publishing industry.
Mark is a talented and hard-working presenter. He now works part time writing, cartooning and as a regular contributor providing feature articles (including writing, photography and cartoons) for the new quality nature magazine, Australian Wildlife Secrets. Mark can also conduct workshops on wildlife photography, writing for magazines, camera techniques and nature photography including 3D animations suitable for both primary and secondary age students.
He has fallen in love with Queensland and wonders why he didn't move here sooner.
I have received great feedback from both our staff and attendees about your classes and would like to thank you for sharing your expertise with us.
Mark David - Moreton Bay Region Libraries, January, 2013.Mark David - Moreton Bay Region Libraries, January, 2013.Mark David